Last Revised October 27, 2023
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Information You Publicly Disclose
- External Links
- International Users
- Your Choices
- Notice to California Residents
- Contact Us
This Site (as defined herein) is operated by alphabroder on its own behalf or in combination with one of its affiliates (collectively referred to herein, solely for ease of reference, as alphabroder, us or we).
Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information We Collect Directly From You
We may collect personal information directly from you when you purchase a product through our Site or over the phone, create an account on our Site, call customer service, register to receive our offers, live chat with us, request a catalog, sign up for an event or webinar, interact with us at a trade show or similar event, participate in any contests, sweepstakes and/or other promotions or otherwise choose to provide personal information to us. We may collect the following personal information directly from you:
- Direct Identifiers, such as your name, email address, phone number, tax identification number, account username and password and other similar information.
- Personal Records, such as your phone number, fax number, bank account information and payment card number and related information to process payments.
- Commercial Information, such as the products you purchase or receive from us, your shipping address, your billing address and information you provide in connection with your order.
- Other Personal Information, such as other information you provide to us, including information you provide when you seek our assistance purchasing products or send us an email. Some forms on the Site may require that you provide certain personal information to submit the form. You may choose not to provide personal information in those cases but this may prevent you from being able to use certain features of our Site.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect personal information about you when you access, interact with, or use our Site or promotional emails. To automatically collect personal information about you, we use automated means such as cookies, pixels, beacons, invisible tags, and other similar tracking technologies (collectively "Cookies"). These typically involve pieces of information or code that a website transfers to or accesses from your computer hard drive or mobile device to store and sometimes track information about you.
We have included below a description of the information we may automatically collect from you with these Cookies:
· Direct Identifiers, such as your IP address, and your registered domain or home server.
· Geolocation Data, such as physical location or movements. When we collect your IP address, we may infer location such as city or postcode therefrom.
· Your Device and Browser Information, such as information about your browser type, device used to access our Site, operating system and data regarding network-connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). We also may determine the applicable technology available in order to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page, e-mail, advertising or promotional announcement or similar service.
· Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, such as you session identification number, search terms, search results, access times, software crash reports, and referring website’s addresses
· Detailed Information About Your Usage of Our Site, such as your date of access, time of access, clickstream to, through, and from our services (including dates and times), products you viewed, searched for, added to your cart, or added to your wishlist, which links you click on, which pages or content you view and for how long, and other similar data and statistics about your interactions, such as length of visits to certain pages, page response times, and download errors. We may also visually record your interactions with our website, including your mouse clicks, mouse-overs, scrolling, keystrokes, and navigation through our Site.
· Interaction with Promotional Emails, such as whether you clicked on an email from us.
Personal Information We Collect From Others
We may obtain personal information about you from other sources, including trade groups such as PPAI and ASI. We may obtain the following personal information about you from others:
· Personal Records, such as whether you are a member of the promotional products industry.
Personal Information of Job Applicants
If you apply for a position through one of our job postings, we collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, including your name, email address, telephone number and resume. We use this personal information solely to assess your qualifications, to contact you regarding the application process and to manage your application:
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you products and services;
- Improve our Site and our products and services;
- Communicate with you and send you marketing communications;
- Maintain the security of our Site; and
- Comply with our legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings.
Provide you products and services: We use your personal information, such as your contact information, payment card information and order information, to provide you products and services you request, including to process your transactions and payments and fulfill your orders, create and administer your account and communicate with you and provide you customer service in relation to the products and services you request. We also use your personal information, such as information about the products you order, to continue to improve our product and service offerings.
Improve our Site and our products and services: In order to improve your experience on our Site and the functionality of our Site, we use your personal information to analyze how the Site is being accessed and used. To improve our products and services, and continue to provide you products that you are interested in, we may use your personal information to track customer activity and the products that you are purchasing. We may also use your personal information to evaluate attendance at trade shows and interest in our products.
Communicate with you and send you marketing communications. We may communicate with you about your orders or your account, provide you transaction confirmations, payment alerts or other service or product related messages via mail, email, fax, or SMS text message, but only if you expressly consent and opt-in to receiving such SMS text messages for such purposes. We may also use your personal information to send you promotional communications or targeted online advertising about products and services we believe may be of interest to you. We may send communications via e-mail, regular mail, or SMS text message, but only if you expressly consent and opt-in to receiving such SMS text messages for such purposes.
Maintain the security of our Site: To maintain the security and integrity of our Site, we use your personal information to detect security incidents, protect our Site against fraudulent and illegal activity and enforce our terms and condition.
Comply with our legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings: We use your personal information to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including maintaining records of our compliance with federal and state law requirements. We may also use your personal information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
The types of Cookies we use can be classified as follows:
Several Cookies we use last only for the duration of your session and expire when you close your browser. Others are used to remember you when you return to our Site and will last longer.
Cookie Preferences. You may change your Cookie preferences at any time to prevent the further collection of your information through the Personalization, Analytics, or Targeted Advertising Cookies on the Site.
Our use of targeted advertising. We use online advertising to keep you aware of our brand and help you to find and see our products. We partner with platforms such as Google, Meta, and similar digital advertising partners. Targeted Advertising Cookies help us and the advertising partners we work with gather information about the content you visit on our Site and other websites. This may result in you seeing our banners and ads when you are on other websites, apps and social media platforms. We may also target ads using personal information we have collected when you create an account on the Site.
Social Media and Internet Platforms. We may disclose certain pseudo-anonymized (hashed) portions of your personal information and use of our Site to social media and internet platforms. If you have an account on one of these platforms, you may be shown our marketing messages while you are using the social media or internet platform. Additionally, certain functionalities on our Site may permit interactions that you initiate between the Site and these social media and internet platforms ("Social Features"). Examples of these Social Features include features enabling you to like or share our content and features. If you use Social Features, and potentially other third-party services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you use.
Targeted advertising preferences. You may opt-out of us using your personal information for targeted advertising by changing your Cookie Preferences. Use the "Cookie Preferences" link at the bottom of our Site and toggle the "Targeted Advertising" button to the left so that it is turned off. You can also go to the "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" in the Cookie Preferences center and toggle that button to the right to opt-out of all Targeted Advertising cookies and any other selling or sharing of your personal information with third parties.
If you are using a web browser with Global Privacy Control enabled, we will recognize that signal as a request to opt-out of Targeted Advertising Cookies, just as if you had turned off Targeted Advertising Cookies in the Cookie Preferences center.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
With your consent or at your direction: We will share your personal information with entities outside of alphabroder when we have your consent to do so or it is done at your direction.
Within Broder Bros., Co.: We may share personal information with other divisions within Broder Bros., Co.
Third parties providing services on our behalf: We may engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business or website. Examples of these services include: (a) content providers, (b) product customization, (c) marketing and promotional material distribution, (d) website evaluation and analytics, (e) data collection, storage, management, analysis and, where applicable, cleansing, (f) freight companies; and (g) any other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may share personal information with these third parties to the extent it is needed to perform their duties and functions.
alphabroder security: We may share personal information when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Site and applicable laws. We may also disclose personal information whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of alphabroder, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or others.
Online marketing and advertising partners: We may share personal and other information with third-party online marketing and advertising partners or permit these partners to collect information from you directly on our Sites to personalize online advertising.
Promotions: If you choose to enter a contest, sweepstakes or promotion, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with such promotion, including without limitation for purposes of posting your entry with attribution or otherwise as permitted in the official rules for the promotion in question, fulfilling your prize or including your name on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, we may require you to consent to the use of your personal information, such as name, voice or likeness, in advertising, promotional and marketing materials. In addition, we may offer certain promotional content, such as a sweepstakes, sponsored by or co-branded with a third party, who may obtain the personal information that you submit.
Trade groups: We may share your personal information with trade groups such as PPAI and ASI in order to verify that a potential customer is a member of the promotional products industry.
Corporate change: We reserve the right to disclose, share and/or otherwise transfer personal information, including personal information collected through the Site, in connection with a corporate merger, acquisition, consolidation, the sale of a portion of our business or the sale of substantially all of alphabroder’s assets, or other fundamental corporate change, whatever form it may take, including as part of the negotiations or diligence of such transaction. In addition, if any bankruptcy, liquidation or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Information You Publicly Disclose
The Site may permit you to post or submit content publicly such as if you comment on a blog post or provide a review or testimonial. If you choose to submit content containing personal information to any public area of the online services, your content will be accessible by anyone, including us. We encourage you to exercise caution when making decisions about what you disclose in such public areas.
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information collected through the Site. Any information you provide us is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information will not be lost, accessed without authorization, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you are visiting this Site from outside the United States, please be aware that alphabroder is based in the United States and the information we collect will be processed and stored on our servers in the United States. The data protection laws and regulations applicable to your personal information transferred to the United States may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
Unsubscribe from Promotional Emails
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails from this Site by clicking on an unsubscribe hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you. Additionally you may send us a message requesting to unsubscribe using our Contact Us page. Please be aware that we will process your request as quickly as we reasonably can, but it may not be possible to update our systems immediately. Because customer lists often are prepared well in advance of an offering (sometimes a few months before the offer is made), you may continue to receive some offers after you send us a request not to use your information for specified marketing purposes. We appreciate your patience and understanding in giving us time to carry out your request.
Opt-Out of Receiving SMS Text Messages
You may opt-out of receiving SMS text messages from us at anytime by replying with the word "STOP" to any SMS text message we send you. We will send you a final text message to confirm that you have been opted-out of receiving SMS text messages from us. You can also opt-out of receiving SMS text messages from us by texting the word "STOP" to +1(833) 923-1378 at anytime to stop receiving text messages, and we will send you a final text message to confirm that you have opted-out of receiving SMS text messages. If you wish to stop receiving promotional and marketing text messages only, but still want to receive SMS text messages about your order and shipment status, you can manage those preferences from the "Communications Preferences" tab of your online Alpha Broder account. Standard text message and data rates apply. Not all carriers covered. Void where prohibited.
How to Change Your Cookie Preferences
You may change your Cookie preferences at any time to prevent the further collection of your information through the Personalization, Analytics, or Targeted Advertising Cookies on the Site.
Please be aware that if you disable, remove, or reject certain cookies and tracking technologies, some parts of our Site may not work. When you revisit our Site, your ability to limit browser-based tracking technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Global Privacy Control and Do Not Track Signals
If you are using a web browser with Global Privacy Control enabled, we will recognize that signal as a request to opt-out of Targeted Advertising Cookies, just as if you had turned off Targeted Advertising Cookies in the Cookie Preferences center.
Your web browser may permit you to enable the Global Privacy Control or may also allow you to transmit a Do Not Track signal when you visit various websites. Our Site is configured through our third party cookie manager to recognize the Global Privacy Control signal and respond to Do Not Track signals received from browsers. These are recognized as a request to opt-out of Targeted Advertising Cookies, just as if you had turned off Targeted Advertising Cookies in the Cookie Preferences center.
Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising
You may opt-out of us using your personal information for targeted advertising by changing your Cookie Preferences. Use the "Cookie Preferences" link at the bottom of our Site and toggle the "Targeted Advertising" button to the left so that it is turned off. You can also go to the "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" in the Cookie Preferences center and toggle that button to the right to opt-out of all Targeted Advertising cookies and any other selling or sharing of your personal information with third parties.
You can also generally opt-out of receiving targeted ads from third-party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org. You may also opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from other companies that perform interest-based advertising services via the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) site at http://optout.aboutads.info/. Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above you may need to execute optouts for each browser or device that you use. Opting out of targeted advertising does not mean you will no longer see advertising online but it does mean that the companies from which you opt-out will no longer show ads that have been tailored to your interests.
This Website is not directed toward children under 18 years of age nor do we knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18, please do not submit any personal information to us on the Site.
Notice to California Residents
California residents have the privacy rights listed below. The rights granted under the California Consumer Privacy Act and Shine the Light are not the same. To exercise your rights, you will need to follow the directions that are specific to each law.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Please note that the CCPA provides certain exceptions with respect to the personal information that we collect in connection with providing products or services to other businesses or when receiving products or services from our suppliers. Similarly, it does not apply to information we collect in the context of a person’s role as a job applicant, employee or contractor of alphabroder. With respect to the personal information collected in connection with the above individuals or circumstances, you may not have any or all of the privacy rights listed below.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information in the Past 12 Months
The CCPA requires that we make certain disclosures about our general collection, use and disclosure of personal information over the past 12 months. Accordingly, in the past 12 months:
- We collected the categories of personal information from the sources and for purposes detailed in Personal Information We Collect and How We Use Your Personal Information above.
- We did not sell any personal information, and we will not sell any personal information in the future, as we understand this term based on the CCPA and its implementing regulations.
- We disclosed to the entities described in How We Share Your Personal Information, the following categories of personal information: Direct Identifiers and Commercial Information. You have the right to request to know more specific disclosures about your personal information as detailed under Request to Know below.
California Privacy Rights
California residents may have the following privacy rights:
- Request to Know. You have the right to request to know: (i) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months; (iii) the categories of sources from which that personal information was collected; (iv) the categories of your personal information that we sold or disclosed in the past 12 months; (v) the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold or disclosed in the past 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting and selling your personal information. You may exercise your right to request to know twice a year, free of charge. Please note, in response to a request to know, we are prohibited from disclosing your Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password or security questions and answers.
- Request to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your personal information was collected. If we deny your request to delete, we will let you know the reason why.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of our Site or services.
To make a request to know or a request to delete, call us at 1-800-523-4585 or email us your request at [email protected].
We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request to know or request to delete. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. If you have an account with us, we will use our existing account authentication practices to verify your identity. If you do not have an account with us, we may request additional information about you so that we can verify your identity. We will only use the Personal Information you provide to verify your identity and to process your request, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Shine the Light
California residents are entitled once a year to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. To request this information, please contact us at [email protected] or by postal mail sent to: alphabroder, Attn: General Counsel, Six Neshaminy Interplex, Sixth Floor, Trevose, PA 19053. Your inquiry must specify Shine the Light Request in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include your name, street address, city, state and zip code.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our other information practices, please contact us at:
Email address: CCPA @alphabroder.com
Phone number: 1-800-523-4585
Broder Bros., Co. dba alphabroder
Attn: General Counsel
Six Neshaminy Interplex
Trevose, PA 19053